Saturday, February 22, 2014

Things are looking up

                                                                              Feb 22 2014
Greetings,
          Well, after all the tests and waiting, and more tests and more waiting, the results are in. The diagnosis of Hyperthyroid has been confirmed and I have started on a treatment program. Dr Consuegra said I should start seeing improvement within three weeks. From the numbers on the free T4 blood test, I think, I’m just into the range of being hyperthyroid so hopefully it won’t take much to get it back under control. I’ve been given a hall pass to continue with my life. Dr Consuegra said I should see an endocrinologist in six weeks to check my progress, but until then, take my pills and go about my business. The only restrictions he gave were no alcohol or smoking or stress. I don’t smoke so I only have to stop drinking and stressing. No problem :)

          It also looks like the weather may be starting to calm down. Mid next week the winds look like they’ll be down from 30-40kts to 15-20kts. And the seas will be calming in turn. Our travel buddy Sharon, on Kokomo Kat, has crew coming to join her for the next leg so it all seems to be coming together. We have a little work to do on the boats to be ready to go but mostly just the usual pre-passage-prep stuff.

          The next update should be to say we’re headed for the islands. No more medical crap. Although, I’d like to say thank you one more time for all the supportive email, advice and love I have received though out this “adventure”. It’s been a bit tough at times and having a big network of family and friends’ boosting me from behind has really helped so;

 Thank you all. And a big group hug.

No comments:

Followers